Help raise £80,000 to transform our MRI services
Medical Imaging plays a vital role in the early detection, diagnosis and treatment for patients, and we know that having an x ray or MRI scan is often quite scary – especially for children and their families.
All too often children require a general anaesthetic to undergo either an emergency or routine MRI scan, but we want to reduce this and instead of anaesthetic, we want to use the power of a child’s imagination instead – so we are appealing for your help.
Support the Imagination Appeal and your donation will help:
- Fund and install the latest technology available (Phillips Ambient Experience), to provide patients with a fully enhanced MRI experience, where they can choose the rooms lighting, music and what images they watch
- Provide play resources and distraction packs to prepare patients and their families ahead of an MRI scan
- Refurbish waiting areas, creating designated child friendly and safe spaces
Supporting the Imagination Appeal, you will:
- Help prepare younger patients in advance of their procedure
- Provide less need for general anaesthetics or sedation
- Significantly reduce waiting and scan times
- Help our Radiographic team secure more accourate images
- Patients have an earlier diagnosis of their condition
- We can start life-changing treatment sooner
- Help will ensure our Radiographic teams have a much inproved experience at work, reducing challenging situations and anxiety for patients and their carers.